Best Dark Spot Corrector To Look More Beautiful
If you have hyperpigmentation due to age spots, sun damage, or acne scars, and are tired of masking the problem with makeup, eliminate problem areas with the best dark spot remover for your skin. Before you choose a product to treat an uneven complexion, it's important to know what causes it.
What Causes Dark Spots on the Face?
It occur on all skin types and colors, but are prevalent in individuals with fair skin, people who sunbathe or use tanning beds frequently, or people over 40 years old.Acne scars, aging and sun damage are the most common cause of it on the face and body.
Hyperpigmentation caused by excess melanin production makes areas of your skin darker than the surrounding skin. Sun worshippers experience it (also known as age spots or liver spots) as they enter middle age. Melanin protects your skin from 99% of UV rays from the sun to prevent it from forming. The harder your skin has to “work” to protect it from UV rays, the greater chance you have of developing it
How To Choose The Right Dark Spot Corrector?
The best dark spot corrector for you may be a skin lightener, an exfoliating cream or a combination of these products. Consider the safety and effectiveness of ingredients, how often you need to use it, whether it’s perfume or unscented, and how the cream or serum feels on your face. Understanding the types of ingredients used in dark spot removers and how they work will help you make an informed decision about which product is right for you.
Skin lighteners block the enzyme tyrosinase and change your skin’s chemistry by causing it to produce less melanin pigment. Melanin pigment, produced by cells called melanocytes, gives your skin, eyes, and hair their color. Melanin protects your skin against UV rays, so it's important not to overuse skin lighteners designed to block the production of this pigment. Here are a few of the most popular ingredients used to lighten skin.
This skin bleaching agent lightens age spots, freckles, and other pigment discolorations. It’s considered the best dark spot corrector ingredient on the market and has been used in the U.S. for over 50 years. It’s considered safe for most users in concentrations of 2% or less.
Hydroquinone gives a bleached look to the skin after prolonged use, so proceed with caution. This controversial ingredient is banned in the UK and throughout the European Union and is subject to much debate among dermatologists and cosmeticians in the U.S.
2. Azelaic Acid
Another ingredient increasingly used in skin lighteners, Azelaic Acid also inhibits melanin production. It's a natural acid and boosts skin regeneration. One study indicated that a dark spot remover containing 20% Azelaic Acid is comparable to one with 4 % hydroquinone. The lesser-known and safer ingredient lightens pigment just as well as the controversial hydroquinone, without increasing your chance of skin cancer
3. Vitamin C
The antioxidant that prevents colds also helps reduce it. A study published by Indian Dermatology Online Journal showed topical Vitamin C is safe and effective for treating hyperpigmentation, as well as overall skin health.
Retinol, commonly referred to as Vitamin A, fades brown spots by boosting cell activity, so fresh skin replaces the top layer of damaged skin faster. Retinol may also help spread melanin more evenly over the skin and prevent it from forming clusters that result in brown spots.
5. Kojic Acid
This ingredient, which is derived from fungi, originated in Japan and is now gaining popularity in the U.S. To find the best dark spot remover with Kojic Acid, look for one with a 2% concentration. You'll burn more easily when you use skin brightener containing Kojic Acid and go out in the sun.
What skin problems are treated with Dark Spot Removers?
Use it for the following skin problems:
- Age and Sun Spots
- Melasma (“Mask of Pregnancy”)
- Acne Marks
- Under Eye Circles and Puffiness
- Generic Skin Lightening
Here is the list of Best Dark Spot Corrector 2017
Now that you know more about the product types designed to treat hyperpigmentation, age spots, and related skin discolorations, finding the best dark spot corrector for your needs should be much easier. Read product labels and look for safe, natural ingredients (or a low but still effective percentage of more problematic ones), and consider how the formula will affect you if you have allergies or sensitive skin.
1. Civant Meladerm® for Hyperpigmentation
Meladerm contains no hydroquinone, mercury, paraben or steroids. If you need to use a dark spot corrector daily, this cream won’t damage your skin’s melanin production.It’s formulated with a combination of healthy, safe ingredients. They include Vitamin C, Kojic Acid, Bearberry Extract, Lemon Juice Extract, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), and Licorice Extract.Meladerm contains Lactic Acid, an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), to exfoliate your skin’s damaged top skin layer
- This product’s airless dispensing method protects Kojic Acid and other sensitive ingredients from light and air contamination and reduces waste.
- An independent study showed that Kojic Acid and Alpha-Arbutin offered faster results than single ingredient treatments for hyperpigmentation.
- The rice bran protein and soybean protein in this product reduces the appearance of dark circles under the eyes by strengthening collagen and improving blood flow.
- Meladerm’s natural formulation works gradually, and full results take 2 to 3 months.
- This skin lightener is available only from the manufacturer’s website.
- Individuals with sensitive skin may experience redness or darkening of the skin during the first few days of use.
2. Clinique Even Better
Clinique Even Better has been shown to improve dark spots by 58% after three months, according to the manufacturer. After a month, users experienced a 53% improvement in skin tone.This fragrance-free, non-greasy serum is safe for people with allergies.
- The type of Vitamin C used in this product has been shown to be efficient in treating dark spots in recent studies.
- A serum suitable for all skin types, including combination and sensitive skin, it’s non-allergenic and lightweight.
- This gentle serum can be used year round.
- You may need to use a few bottles before results are evident
- This spot corrector is not effective for advanced hyperpigmentation, freckles or melasma
- The excessive amount of grapefruit peel extract in Even Better Clinical is phototoxic. This means it may cause it may cause skin discoloration if you spend too much time in the sun. Use a high SPF sunscreen outdoors after using this product for best results.
3 . Renu Anti-Aging Face Cream by KPS Essentials
A botanical product made with organic food grade minerals, Renū Anti-Aging Face Cream, treats acne scars and boosts collagen.It contains Argan nut oil to reduce acne scars, coconut oil for hydration, and a blend of essential oils to boost skin's overall health. Co-Enzyme Q10, or Vitamin Q, an antioxidant produced naturally in your cells' mitochondria, helps you better absorb Vitamin C and E to lighten dark spots.
- It offers nine times the hydration of hyalauronic acids, infusing skin with the necessary moisture to stay supple and youthful after brown spots fade.
- If you have allergies or require ongoing treatment for dark spots or scars, this all-natural cream is safe for even the most sensitive skin.
- The ingredients in this all-natural product work together to increase collagen and elastin, increasing your skin's natural ability to shed damaged cells and replace them with healthy ones.
- This cream has a distinctive smell some users might dislike.
4. Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum by Murad
Rapid age spot corrector contains nourishing ingredients rice amino acids, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), zinc gluconate and yeast amino acids.Glycolic acids remove dead skin cells, allowing other ingredients to penetrate problem areas and fade dark spots.Hexapeptide-2, a synthetic lightening agent, reduces the appearance of dark spots and prevents future spots from forming.
- A study sponsored by Murad showed 85% of users saw results after one week.
- This lightening serum doesn’t contain any sulfates, parabens or phthalates, cosmetic ingredients that may cause irritation or interfere with hormones.
- Grape Seed Extract, a well-known remedy for melasma (dark skin patches that form during pregnancy) is one of this serum’s ingredients.
- The Hydroquinone in this serum may disrupt skin’s melanin production and cause skin cancer.
- The label states you should discontinue use if you don’t see any improvement after three months.
- Using this product may irritate skin and cause redness.
- It has an unusual smell.
5. Le Fair Anti-Aging Skin Cream and Serum Combo Set
Lé Fair Anti-Aging Skin Cream and Serum Combo set is a comprehensive treatment for age spots, lifts sagging skin to tighten as it reduces wrinkles and dark spots.
- This product doesn’t contain hydroquinone, so if you have an advanced case of age spots, it’s safe to use for long-term lightening.
- You can use both the moisturizer and serum on your face, neck and around your eyes.
- Aloe vera gel, long used as a home remedy for it, is only one of 40 organic ingredients that work in tandem to reduce hyperpigmentation and hydrate skin.
- This product contains mineral oil, which prevents skin from releasing toxins.
- You’ll need to use the moisturizer and the serum daily to achieve results instead of applying just one product.
While all these dark spot correctors offer relief for hyperpigmentation and contain select ingredients, Renu Anti-Aging Face Cream offers more of the desired qualities without controversial ingredients. A multi-purpose face cream, it treats all pigmentation problems, including acne scars, freckles, age spots and other discolorations with safe, eco-friendly ingredients.
It offers increased hydration important for aging or dry skin, which are most at risk for it. It replenishes collagen and adds volume to thin or aging skin with natural hydration boosters that improve upon the moisturizing qualities of hyaluronic acid. KPS Essentials, the company that makes this face cream,emphasizes the use of organic and nutrient grade ingredients and this face cream includes plant-based preservatives and emulsifiers. It even has a plant based collagen booster called Palmitoyl isoleucine. Although it’s advertised as an anti-aging cream, Renu Anti-Aging Face Cream offers all-around skin care and dark spot reduction for people of all ages.